Pencoed Castle is a ruined Tudor mansion, largely dating from the 16th century. Th name Pen-coed means “end of the wood”, and refers to the site’s location at the southwestern extremity of the Wentwood forest. It was the site of a Norman castle, the property of Sir Richard De La More in 1270. The tower at the south-west corner of the extant ruins dates from the late 13th century.
Inside, the castle lies in ruins and has an eerie atmosphere. FPI experienced incredible communication through the KII meter as well as loud unexplained banging noises coming from the upper floor. These could have been coincidence but the noises performed to order with confirmation coming from the KII. Definitely one of those venues that requires further investigation.
FPI Pencoed Castle